Thursday 4 March 2010

How to be Resilient

Resilience is the topic that I have chosen as the first subject of my blog. Why you may ask!

It is probably the one topic that I have been hearing more than anything. Everyone from psychologist, spiritual guides and the HR press have all been focusing on for months.

And I read with interest this seven point explanation on how to escape the abyss (here is the 1st point):

Bounce Back Resilience is the ability to recover from difficult situations. My first job was in a High Street bank, but I soon started analysing people's behaviours. I discovered there are five characteristics that make you resilient - the ability to problem solve, optimism, flexibility, accountability and freedom from stress. My observations also tell me it can become clear, and very stressful, when people know what they need to do to become resilient but struggle to manifest these behaviours naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment